The services we provide
These are the services we provide
Personal social care
Assistance from a Care Worker
- To get in to and out of bed including using aids and adaptations,
- To dress and undress including using aids and adaptations,
- To wash, bathe, or shower including using aids and adaptations,
- With oral hygiene, hair care, nail filing and facial shaving,
- To use the toilet including using aids and adaptations,
- Assistance with continence and catheter care
- With medication storage, preparation, prompting and administration
Completed by a Care Worker
- Preparing and serving food and drink
- Cleaning the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom
- Washing and drying clothes and bedding
- Choosing and collecting shopping
- Ordering and collecting medication
- Companionship and support
- Assistance to attend social and recreational activities
We can provide our services in the following local areas;
The City of Stoke on Trent, Newcastle under Lyme, Kidsgrove, Biddulph, Leek and other surrounding communities and villages in North Staffordshire
Very prompt…I wouldn’t manage without them
The carers couldn’t have been better if I had picked them myself
These are our service standards that we aim to achieve as we deliver care and support
Continuity of care
If we are unable to provide you with your usual Care Worker, we will let you know in advance and ensure you know the name of the replacement worker.
Dignity and respect
The Care Workers will provide the service agreed in your care plan and treat you and your home with care and respect.
If the care worker is unable to attend at the agreed time, we will inform you as soon as we can of alternative arrangements.
We will take care of your personal details, and will not share them unless failure to do so would put you at risk.
MSC Homecare has the required Employers, Public Liability and Professional indemnity Insurance, if you require details please contact us.
Policies and Procedures
We have a range of documents that define how we provide social care and support services. These are designed to ensure we all understand what is expected and required. For example; how to administer Medication? Each member of the team is trained to ensure they can comply with them. They are regularly reviewed to ensure they ensure the best quality of service possible.
Changes to Services
We can make temporary changes to the services we provide to you. For example when you let us know (it needs to be more than 24 hours before), that you do not need a call, because you are going to be out or don’t need the call. Repeated changes or a request for permanent changes will require a Care Plan Review.
We also like to know when the standard of service or the care provided by a Care Worker is exceptional. Please contact a Care Coordinator directly; they will record your comments. We also contact you to complete regular Service User Satisfaction Surveys, as these help us to check and improve our service to you.
If we fall short of our expected standards, or if you are unhappy with the service (or with a Care Worker) please tell us. We will respond to your concerns and investigate your complaints. You can do this by contacting the Care Coordinator at the MSC Homecare Office.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you receive you may wish to take your complaint further, please contact the Registered Manager – Wendy Smith or the Responsible Person (registered with CQC) Paul Foster